1. On July 19, the state Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism released a report saying direct spending by foreign students in Hawaii totaled $225.3 million for the 2016/17 school year. According to the report, how much did foreign students spend in Hawaii during the 2015/16 school year? A. $199.6 million B. $214.3 million C. $241.4 million D. $272.2 … [Read more...] about Quizunderstood: How much do you know about marine plastic pollution?
1. According to a new study, lead by a University of Hawaii researcher, that was published in the journal Nature Climate Change, what percentage of the earth’s population will be exposed to deadly heatwaves by the year 2100 if carbon dioxide emissions continue to rise at their current rate? A. 44 percent B. 54 percent C. 64 percent D. 74 percent E. 84 percent 2. The … [Read more...] about Quizunderstood: What do you know about the Hokulea crew’s encounters with climate change?
1. On Nov. 18, MauiTime posted a table online, compiled by Maui political analyst Dick Mayer using data from Politico, showing how each county in Hawaii voted in the 2016 Presidential Election. According to the table, which county was least supportive of Presidential-elect Donald Trump? A. Honolulu City & County B. Maui County C. Kauai County D. Hawaii County E. Tie … [Read more...] about Quizunderstood: Which county in Hawaii was the least supportive of Donald Trump?
1. On Sunday, Oct. 23, an early morning fire in the kitchen of Three’s Bar & Grill in Kihei caused no injuries but forced the restaurant to close. According to a news release sent out by the owners that night, how long should it take to get the restaurant back open? A. One week B. Two weeks C. Three weeks D. Four weeks E. Five weeks 2. This Friday, Oct. 28, a new … [Read more...] about Quizunderstood: Do you know when Maui restaurant Three’s Bar & Grill will reopen?
1. The Maui Police Department recently released the results of its Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign, which ran from Aug. 19 to Sept. 5. During that time, the MPD’s campaign resulted in a total of 1,297 traffic citations. According to the MPD’s data, how many of those were for operating a vehicle under the influence? A. 52 B. 68 C. 133 D. 170 E. 222 2. According to … [Read more...] about Quizunderstood: How well do you know the Maui PD’s latest DUI campaign citation numbers?