1. Areas of Kahului Community Center and Wells Park will be closed until Sept. 30 because of what? A. Playground installation B. Tennis court resurfacing C. Irrigation installation D. Security concerns E. Grass maintenance 2. Governor Ige’s request for what was approved by President Trump on Jun. 14? A. Public assistance for those affected by lava flows on the Big … [Read more...] about Quizunderstood: What do you know about a lawsuit filed against Alan Arakawa and the County of Maui?
1. True or False: During a May 18 meeting, the County Council voted to increase the tax on gasoline and diesel fuel. A. True B. False C. That’s why gas prices are too damn high! 2. In a call for support, Senator Mazie Hirono spoke on the Senate floor last week and cited the importance of local journalism. A. Climate change mitigation B. Net neutrality C. Gun control D. … [Read more...] about Quizunderstood: Did the County Council vote to increase our gas tax?!
1. Starting Apr. 6 and running through Apr. 18, the Maui Police Department commenced a new operation designed to crack down on what driving misbehavior? A. Drunk driving B. Speeding C. Distracted driving D. Driving without a seatbelt E. Not yielding to pedestrians in crosswalks 2. This April, which Maui resort is celebrating its 35th anniversary? A. Royal Lahaina B. … [Read more...] about Quizunderstood: How well do you know Maui Police crackdowns?
1. According to data released by the state Department of Labor and Industrial Relations on Mar. 25, Hawaii’s unemployment rate in February was 4.1 percent. What was Maui County’s unemployment rate that same month? A. 3.7 percent B. 4.1 percent C. 4.4 percent D. 4.8 percent E. 5.3 percent 2. On Mar. 24, the County of Maui sent out a 403-word press release on Mayor Alan … [Read more...] about Quizunderstood: How well do you know visitor industry worker attitudes?
1. On Mar. 19, the state House of Representatives press office announced that the state budget, which had just passed the House, contained “about $165 million in Capital Improvement Project (CIP) funding for various projects across Maui County.” Of those, the largest single item was a $38 million project. What’s it for? A. Construction of a food innovation building at UH Maui … [Read more...] about Quizunderstood: How well do you know the @MauiArtsCulture Center?