1. How big is the state of Hawaii?
A. 5,932 square miles C. 15,932 square miles
B. 10,932 square miles
Bonus: How many states are bigger than Hawaii?
A. 16 B. 29 C. 42
2. In 2000, The Maui News was purchased by West Virginia-based Ogden Newspapers Inc. Which company is older, and in what year was each founded?
3. In Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book, what is the name of the heroic Indian mongoose (the same variety that was introduced to Hawaii in the 19th century)?
4. Which of the following is not the name of a Maui Brewing Co. beer?
A. McGrumpy’s B. Spankdog C. Fat Pineapple
1. B., C.
2. Ogden Newspapers Inc.; Ogden founded in 1890, Maui News in 1900