1. During her recent Maui vacation, Paris Hilton Tweeted about the local paparazzi. How did she describe them?
A. “Out of control”
B. “Like totally invasive”
2. Of the eight main Hawaiian Islands, only one has a nickname that does not feature the words “Isle” or “Island.” Which island is it and what is its nickname?
3. What 19th century geologist (pictured) conducted a study of Hawaiian volcanoes for the 1883 U.S. Geological Survey and is credited with introducing the Hawaiian word ‘a‘a into the scientific lexicon?
Bonus: Translated to English, what does ‘a’a mean?
2. Oahu; “The Gathering Place”
3. Clarence Dutton; “stony lava,” also “to burn, blaze or glow”