1. This year, October contains five Fridays, five Saturdays and five Sundays. According to a persistent Internet rumor, that hasn’t happened in 823 years. In reality, when was the last time it happened?
A. 1959 B. 1979 C. 1999
Bonus: When is the next time it will happen?
2. On November 2, Guam will also hold an election to replace its termed-out Republican Governor (pictured). What is his name?
Bonus: How many elected Governors has Guam had?
3. How many official state parks are there in Hawaii?
Bonus: How many are there in Maui County?
1. C.; 2021
2. Felix P. Camacho; six (or seven, if you count Ricardo Bordallo twice—Bordallo was elected to non-consecutive terms in 1975 and 1983)
3. 51; nine (eight on Maui, one on Molokai)