• Birthplace: St. Louis, Missouri
• Pre-politics profession: Newspaper Publisher
• Electoral Win/Loss Record: 9/1
• First electoral victory: Maui County Council, 1980
• Supports: Furloughing teachers, Kahului Airport expansion, more tourism, Honolulu rail
• Opposes: Hawaii Superferry environmental review, civil unions, more protections for endangered Hawaiian monk seals
• Gets campaign donations from: the retired, securities firms, leadership PACs, real estate, health professionals, oil and gas companies
Though not a native of the state, Lingle has proven herself over the last three decades to be a master politician in Hawaii. Though a Republican, she has also repeatedly proven that she can win elections in a state dominated by the Democrats and labor unions. And so far, she’s raised about $3 million in campaign cash, according to the Center for Responsible Politics–a million more than her closest competitor.