Do you love rum more than Jack Sparrow? Is it your life’s mission to dress in Tommy Bahama duds and visit tropical locations discussing the finer points of mojito versus daiquiri? Does the idea of adding Rum Ambassador to your resume get you all giddy?
Then this could be your ideal job, with a $50,000 purse to boot. Tommy Bahama’s is looking for a Rumologist to design a rum program for their 14 worldwide locations, wardrobe included. apply now! Or at least watch this video linked below (since I know you don’t want to read the fine print). There may or may not be a mix off required.
“This is an amazing opportunity for someone to not only take their career to the next level, but to experience the Tommy Bahama way-of-life,” explains Goldberg. “Our goal with this search is to not only find the world’s first Tommy Bahama Rumologist; it is to also introduce thousands of people to the Tommy Bahama island-inspired lifestyle. Career-building opportunities are tough to come by these days, and we believe we’ve created the most exciting consultant position in the world. We can’t wait to discover our first Rumologist.”
PS I will expect you to swizzle me something at the Wailea Tommy Bahama’s if you get this job.
see the press release below for all the details:
Do you know the difference between a swizzle and a shrubb? Do you dream of Mojito’s? If so, Tommy Bahama has an opportunity for you! Tommy Bahama is excited to announce the search for the first-ever Tommy BahamaRumologist
. We’ve created the most exciting consulting position in the world and we are scouring the country for the most qualified person to represent Tommy Bahama as our official Rumologist – sharing our passion for rum with the world! The Rumologist will win $50,000 and be an ambassador traveling the United States, speaking, educating, and experimenting with all things related to rum! We’re looking for someone who knows the history, how it’s mixed, how it pairs with food – and who loves to share that knowledge. Tommy Bahama is looking for bartenders, mixologists, and anyone that believes they can hold and honor the title. The contest application can be found on the Tommy Bahama Facebook page (www.facebook.com/tommybahama). Participants will be asked to send a short video (45-60 seconds) declaring their candidacy and explain why they should be chosen. The Rumologist will be announced this October.
- July 28, 2011: Search launches – applications available on the Tommy Bahama Facebook page. Deadline for submissions: August 22, 2011.
- August 29, 2011: Judges select Top 20 based on their scoring.
- August 30, 2011: Top 20 announced.
- August 30 – September 8, 2011: Top 20 will be posted for public voting based on first video submission.
- September 12, 2011: The Top 10 who received the most votes will be asked to submit a new video.o Video can be up to two minutes in length and must be posted no later than September 22, 2011 at 11:59PM.ET.o Applicants will be encouraged to be as creative as they would like to showcase why they should be the Rumologist.
- September 26, 2011: Top 5 is announced and voting commences.
- October 3, 2011: Voting period for Top 5 ends.
- October 6, 2011: Winner Announced (on or around October 6, 2011).
Click here for rules and regulations.