Local foodies across the U.S. are putting their hometown pride on the line by using a special canned meat to add a unique twist to famous regional dishes for a chance to win big.
The Challenge: Using SPAM
® products, Hawaiian SPAM® fans are encouraged to submit a regionally inspired, delicious and creative recipe to www.spam.com by Sept. 26 and let fellow fans decide if it lives up to regional noteworthiness! To help get creativity flowing, here is a Hawaiian infused SPAM® dish:
The top rated regionally inspired dish, as rated by fans, will win the $1,000 grand prize with the four runner-ups each taking home a 1-year supply of SPAM®. While supplies last, every complete, original recipe that has been approved for posting will receive a code for a free gift, so it’s in fans’ best interest to act fast!
- Upload your original local favorite-inspired recipe containing SPAM
® products to the Dish This! recipe exchange at www.spam.com.
- Once you receive the e-mail that your recipe is published, we encourage you to share it with your friends and family via e-mail, post it to Facebook, Tweet it on Twitter – get the word out for them to vote your recipe to the top.
- Check out your competition and stay up-to-date on contest details by visiting the SPAM® Facebook or Twitter (@RealSPAMMYCan) page.
- Once your original submitted recipe has been approved for posting, you will receive an e-mail containing a promotion code good for (free t-shirt/free spatula/a surprise gift) from the online SPAM® Shop. Only complete, original recipes will be considered. This offer stands while supplies last. Free gifts are limited to one per household and the promotion code is non-transferrable.
- At the end of the Meal Makeover Challenge, five (5) winners will be awarded prizes: the top rated recipe will receive $1,000 and four (4) runners up will each receive a one-year supply of SPAM® products.