Check out this cocktail, and please vote thumbs up if you think it looks good! There is a Whole Foods competition that hinges on it. If you need a taste you will find it Sunday and Monday at Mala Wailea….
Please practice your god given right to vote here: http://www.food52.com/recipes/5594_maui_daydreamin
Aloha everybody and dig this Basil enriched cocktail from the island of Maui. I used all local kind ingredients for this libation including Maui Ocean vodka, fresh basil from Evonuk Farm in Kula and beautiful strawberries from Kula Country Farm. Welcome to Maui Whole Foods -Hana Hou !
* 2 ounces Maui Ocean vodka
* 4 sprigs Fresh basil
* 2 pieces Whole fresh strawberry
* 4 ounces Newman’s Own Lemonade
* 3 drops 365 Organic Balsamic Vinegar
1. In a pint glass, gently muddle 2 whole fresh strawberries with 4 sprigs fresh basil
2. Add ice, vodka and lemonade
3. Shake vigorously and strain into chilled Martini glass
4. Ok -now take a large straw and using your finger on the other end, capture the balsamic vinegar and transfer to the bottom of the cocktail by inserting the straw thru the cocktail and releasing the vinegar
5. Garnish with fresh basil sprig on top of cocktail w/thin sliced strawberry on top, like a lilly pad and get yer freak on !
Read more: http://www.food52.com/recipes/5594_maui_daydreamin#ixzz0tGWoxVAv
Or go to his blog at:
www.food52.com is hosting the recipe contest and Whole Foods is providing the prizes. Go to www.food52.com and click on contests, you have to register with the site and they have a new ingredient every week. The weekly prize is $100 Whole Foods card and the El Grande Prize is $1,000.00 and a feature in their cookbook. Super Cool!