[SEATTLE ALT. ROCK] Some important things to know about Seattle’s Nigel Mustafa, who play Longhi’s this Friday:
1. They openly and pleasantly refer to themselves as “tards”-specifically, the “world leaders in Avant ‘Tard Geek Rock.”
2. They play a song, “My Mom’s in Jail Tonight,” which apparently summarizes the experiences of a band member’s mother, who may or may not have done time for felony stalking.
3. Two of their newest songs, “We Need Beer” and “Rasta Ninja” are whimsical blends of punk, reggae, and sarcasm, and are available for download on www.nigelmustafa.com.
4. The have warned that on Friday “German tourists will frantically try to translate that which does not exist in Deustchland-humor.”
5. They’ve apparently never heard of David Hasselhoff.
6. They’re highly likely to hurl electric bolts of lightning tunes, humor, and good fun down upon Longhi’s Koa wood dance floor (and highly unlikely to play “Puff the Magic Dragon,” a relief to any regular to Longhi’s Friday nights). [COREY NIELSEN]