World-famous self-help guru Dr. Wayne W. Dyer died at the age of 75 at his home in Ka‘anapali on Aug. 29, The Maui News reported today. A part-time Maui resident who often appeared on PBS and Oprah Winfrey’s talk show, Dyer sold many millions of copies of his 30 or so books, all of which offered some sort of guidance on how people should live their lives.
Self-help life coaching stuff was never really our thing–especially when the material was as painfully earnest as Dyer’s–but we know that many, many people found at least some happiness by reading and listening to Dyer, and that’s a good thing, right?
So to remember Dyer, here are few of his most famous quotes:
- “Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.”
- “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.”
- “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”
- “You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.”
- “When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.”
Oops, that last one might have been Friedrich Nietzsche. Sorry!
Photo of Wayne Dyer: Phil Konstantin/Wikimedia Commons