If your like me finding time for wellness gets the short end of my schedule stick. Our fast paced, hand held devicing, social media driven lifestyles leave little room to explore new sports, quiet the mind enough to meditate, or try new forms of yoga. This Thursday Wanderlust Oahu invites you to do just that, 4 days of self chaufferred all you can consume self care. Whats more? They throw in a music festival and its all happening at the Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore.
Highlights from the Wanderlust press release:
Headlined by yoga superstars Ana Forest, Maty Ezraty, Vinnie Marino, Chad Dennis and Joan Hyman, the four-day festival, taking place February 25 – 28, 2016, allows attendees to choose their own adventure from a variety of activities including yoga, live music, meditation, surfing, paddle boarding, explorative hikes, kayaking, running treks, horseback riding, and fine dining.
What’s new at Wanderlust O’ahu 2016?:
- More Mediation Classes Due to popular demand, this year we are offering more than double the amount of meditation classes over last year, featuring meditation teachers Swami Govindananda, Jennifer Reuter, Shakti Sunfire and more
- Poi Dance: Poi is a form of dance, where weights on the ends of tethers are swung through rhythmical patterns. This workshop weaves the basics of poi and hoop with yoga and dance. Participants will learn the science that grounds the therapeutic benefits of these playful practices that powerfully restore and re-pattern the nervous system.
- Sunrise Classes—For those who like to start the day with the new morning sun, we will offer 6am classes on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Choices include partner acrobatics, hooping, or our “Beach Buddy Boot Camp.”
- Beachside BBQ: Feast on a buffet of fresh caught fish and seasonal sides served up by a local favorite Lan Thai, aka Drunken Master Chef. Known for her Farm-to-Chopstix events throughout Hawaii, Lan will fuse Asian, Hawaiian, and Mexican influences for this casual oceanfront party, complete with a bonfire and live music.
- Stargazing on the Beach—Join Slooh and University of Hawaii Astronomer Robert Jedicke and Yogi Ali Grimes to experience a guided evening under the stars on the beach. Jupiter is bright and beautiful in the sky this weekend, and we will be able to see it up close through telescopes set up on the beach.
- Speakeasy Talks: Wanderlust’s one-of-a-kind, lecture program features today’s mindful thought leaders, such as Emory Hall who will reveal the beautiful power of travel photography, Sky Kubby, who will extol the virtues of the Raw Chocolate Diet, and award winning journalist Susan Casey who will explore the relationship between dolphins and humanity.
- Wanderlust Concert Series: Revel in a wide variety of musical performers in myriad settings, from the epic main stage evenings to intimate pop-up shows. Experience live performances from Citizen Cope, Trevor Hall, Kirtronica, Elijah Ray & The Band of Light, MC Yogi, DJ Sol Rising and DJ Drez.
- Wander Tribe Events: Wander Tribe bonus classes are organized by our Wayfarer Ambassador and Studio Partner teams, to encourage local community connection. In these 12 classes you can learn how to do things as diverse as a traditional Hawaiian Oli chant, how to use essential oils, or the way to choose your perfect career.
- Silver & Sage Mala Making Workshops: Combining a light yoga practice with the art of mala making, each participant will learn the properties of natural stones while designing or choosing a custom made mala.
- Aloha On The Water: The final event of the festival will be an epic Stand-Up Paddleboard class. Join Gillian Gibree, Sarah Tiefenthaler and Jeramie Vaine for an all-levels class—the first of its kind—touching the true Hawaiian spirit.
If you are having a hard time with commitment to your well bing this is the place to go on your self search. Starting from 6am and going through the evening the schedule is packed with yoga, ocean exploration, trails, mala creating, slack lining, hoops and poi balls, campfires, cleanses, dancing and live music. There is never a dull moment. This year they have added more meditation, Hawaiiana, guided hikes, kayaking, trial runs, aerial and acrobatic yoga, lectures, and happy hours. It seems Wanderlust Oahu has mastered the art of hiding the vitamins in the skittles. For more information and ticket pricing, please visit wanderlust.com/festivals/oahu/; for 2016 Wanderlust Festival dates and locations, please visit wanderlust.com
While we can beg and scream that this festival needs an outer island Maui offshoot, save your tantrum for the Pre Wanderlust Celebration tonight at the Montage Kapalua. Lululemon Athletica Maui is sponsoring a 4pm Scenic Trail Run with Ben Auerbach. Maybe running isn’t for you? Well this is Wanderlust, choices abound – try an all levels flow yoga class with the lovely Lysha Kamisato-Wernig, she will be teaching at Wanderlust Oahu too! Classes are by donation to benefit the 37th Annual Visitor Industry Charity Walk. You can bring your own mat, or they will have some to borrow, for reservations, call (808) 665-8282.